Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Day of School

Here is a LATE post of K. and L.'s first day of school. K. loves his school! He did work his magic and the bus picks him up one day a week (the other days I am picking up L. from school so I just pick K. up from school since I am already in town).

My favorite story so far of K. this year in school was when I picked him up one day and the first thing he said to me was "Mom, I was a very naughty boy at school today" he had big tears running down his face. I asked "What happened?" He said "Well... I just threw rocks mom, I just threw rocks. And the teacher got mad at me!" there was a pause "Mom I will never be a naughty boy again at school"......So the next day I dropped him off and as he entered the classroom he said "Mom I wont throw rocks today, okay. I will be a good boy." It was one of those mother moments when you knew your kid learned a valuable lesson. So cute!


This is L. first year in preschool. She is only 2, but it just so happened that her school went the same day and times as K. and I needed some study time of my own, so I signed her up! I am so glad I did, she LOVES it! Her teacher is the BEST! Every class day the teacher lets the kids pick a toy (very awesome toys!) and L. can't wait to show me her toy for the day.

About a month ago L's teacher did a evaluation of how well L. was learning this year in preschool. A lot of the questions were more appropriate for kindergartners but she asked them anyways. One of the questions was "What is your address?" L's response "Grandpa's House" the next question was "What is your phone number?" L's response "right here".... It cracked me up that she even knew to say Grandpa's house.